I’m back today with a couple more Christmas packages that I wrapped with scrapbooking paper and coordinating embellishments from Pebbles’ Home for Christmas collection. I would love to do more of this next year, but I would have to start even earlier than my crazy October start and I think that’s impossible. And even if I could, I wonder if the adhesive on the heavy paper would stay put if I wrapped much earlier? Hmmm…
As of this writing today, there are only 15 days, 12 hours and blah blah blah minutes until Christmas. Oh boy! Are you ready?
I have powered through wrapping and just have a few things left to wrap, and then plan the Christmas menu. It’s almost always the same, but I need to get it all written down for Christmas Eve through Christmas Day and see what things I need to pick up at the grocery store.
I’ve crafted a little bit here and there lately. I saw these decorative clips on Pinterest and wanted to make some to add to gift packaging. So I made a few using Fancy Pants Designs’ Oh, Deer! collection.
How are you coming along with your Christmas plans?
Christmas Eve is 3 weeks from today, y’all!
Are you ready? I’m pretty dang close to being ready. A tad bit behind where I want to be by now, but we went to California for 9 days so that took a chunk out of my plans. But it was totally worth it because we had a fabulous time with the family there.
I’m back today with a canvas I made recently which paired goods from Hazel & Ruby along with Fancy Pants Design’s Oh, Deer! collection. Hands down my most favorite product pairing as I am a super fan of both companies. I decided to make some holiday home decor, so let’s walk through how I did it.
1. Apply a generous amount of Mod Podge to an art canvas, and adhere patterned paper to it.
2. Position your Holiday Shapes, Words & Quotes stencils where you want your impression to be.
3. Cover patterned paper in craft paint.
4. Go over paint with a baby wipe and rub off to show off that gorgeous patterned paper in the background.
6. Using a craft file, go around the edges of the patterned paper and rub off some. It’ll come off pretty easy because it’s wet, so start slowly so as not to take off more than you want to.
7. Heavily Mod Podge the edges of the patterned paper.
8. Allow to dry completely, and then outline your stencils in a coordinating dark Sharpie.
9. Remove your stencils, and apply another layer of Mod Podge.
10. Embellish with ribbon, bells, pins, coordinating Oh, Deer! tags, and sequins.
11. Hang it up on your yellow wall and try not to remind yourself that you shouldn’t have painted your walls yellow.
* giggles *
It’s Cyber Monday!
Are you online shopping today?
I have been done with all my Christmas shopping for a couple of months now. However I do like to take advantage of the hot deals out there this time of year for next year’s birthday and Christmas gifts. I’ve been wrapping a lot, and wanted to do a lot of crafty wrap this year. Here’s a sampling of some of that that I did with patterned paper and ephemera from Fancy Pants’s Oh, Deer! collection.